Dignity BayAra HomeCare Staffing is a non-medical in-home care provider that assists individuals and families. We are dedicated to helping our clients lead dignified, independent lifestyles in the comfort and safety of their own homes by carefully assessing and fully understanding their needs and selectively placing trained personnel to meet these needs.
What Services We Provide
• Routine housework including general cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, washing floors, laundry, ironing, changing beds, defrosting refrigerators/freezers, cleaning ovens/stoves and china cabinets.
• Heavier cleaning such as spring-cleaning, light fixtures, and washing walls and windows.
• Planning, cooking, and serving meals.
• Baking for holidays and special occasions.
• Monitoring and motivating regular diet plans.
• Transporting clients to social activities and appointments.
• Running errands and shopping for clients or transporting clients to carry out these activities.
• Assisting with mail, correspondence, and payment of bills.
• Providing respite and palliative care.
• Serving as companions and participating in friendly socialization activities.
• Assisting with entertainment preparations, hosting, serving and/or cleanup.
• Packing household goods when changing residences.
• Caring for pets including feeding, exercising, cleaning litter boxes, cleaning birdcages, taking to grooming appointments or to the Vet.
• Caring for plants.
• Monitoring clients’ safety, comfort, and welfare by contacting them by phone or by making home visit(s).
• Checking interior conditions of homes while residents are away and ensuring the exteriors reflect an “at-home” appearance.
• Assisting with grooming needs such as hair care, shaving, cleaning teeth and routine nail care. Supervising or assisting with tub baths, showers, sponge baths, and bed baths.
• Providing routine skin care such as applying lotion to dry skin.
• Assisting with dressing and undressing.
• Assisting with mobilization activities including turning, transferring, exercising, and walking.
• Assisting with toilet and/or commode needs.
• Assisting with eating or feeding.
• Assisting with self-administered medications by reminding the client to take them at the prescribed time(s) and/or following up to ensure they are taken.
• Monitoring vital signs such as blood pressures, pulse and respiration.
• Providing respite and palliative care
As Community Nursing Care is generally government funded, Registered Nurses are not routinely retained on staff. Occasionally, certain individuals may not qualify for assistance or they may wish to supplement their entitlement. In such situations, we will arrange for Private Duty Nurses to provide in-home treatment, care, support and/or education.
Non-medical Assessments are conducted to find clients’ functioning capabilities, to identify their needs, and to determine what services are required to assist them to attain and maintain optimum independence.
Nursing Assessments are an expanded version of the Non-medical Assessment as they more thoroughly examine and identify health conditions, levels of care required, and appropriate medical interventions. If indicated, coordination of care with other health professionals can be arranged.
In both situations, assessors may review subsidization possibilities, develop Care Plans, make referrals, and arrange for Service Delivery Schedules according to the clients’ wishes.
Who Can Obtain Service
Certain segments of the population will find our services especially beneficial such as people who are frail; elderly; housebound; terminally, chronically, or acutely ill; physically or mentally challenged; recently discharged from the hospital; family caregivers; and accident victims. Our services are available to private citizens and a wide range of agencies, institutes, corporations, groups, and governments including ICBC, WCB, CNIB, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Human Resources, Veterans Affairs, Health Canada, Indian Affairs, and the Public.
When Service is Available
Help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to conform to clients’ needs and preferences.
Where Service is Delivered
We service the YOUR Region. If a need arises, we will strive to accommodate anyone who requires service outside this geographical area.
How We Provide Added Value
We are committed to providing professional, ethical, and quality service.
We guarantee client satisfaction and genuinely care about people.
We have a strong background in client-centered service, case management, and caregiving.
We are experienced in making in-home needs assessments to help clients determine their own requirements and assist them to develop care plans.
We have extensive knowledge of governmental and other programs that may assist clients with costs and/or provide services beyond our scope.
We will make referrals on behalf of clients for other forms of assistance (with permission).
We adapt our service delivery times to conform to our client’s needs and preferences.
Our employees are covered by comprehensive liability insurance, have undergone criminal record checks, and are bonded.
Our employees are not only qualified, but also are compassionate, dependable, and trustworthy individuals who respect privacy and maintain confidentiality.
We relieve clients of the worry that can occur when hiring privately as we carefully screen, train, and inform our employees thoroughly.
We handle any issues that surface such as scheduling difficulties, illness, shift cancellations, arranging for substitute workers, and providing continuous supervision.
We follow-up with our clients on a regular basis to assess service effectiveness and to make revisions that reflect changing needs and wishes.
How Costs are Determined
We charge a variable rate based on the type of service needed, when it is provided, and where it is delivered.
There are no costs for “non-medical” assessments but charges may be levied for “nursing” assessments. In some situations, mileage fees are applicable. Costs are worked out and discussed with clients prior to the commencement of service.
How to Arrange For Service
Office Hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Voice Mail is in place 24 hours a day and checked regularly in order that we can give prompt attention to requests for immediate assistance.
Telephone (510) 648-4204
A Dignity BayAra HomeCare Staffing representative will respond to any questions and provide additional information about our services and in-home assessments.
Doing yard work such as cutting lawns, pulling weeds, raking leaves, trimming shrubs, and tending to gardens. Shoveling snow, Splitting and stacking firewood.
For more information, please fill out the contact form on our Contact Us page and we will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also visit and like us on our Facebook Page.